Looking out across the city and atop the skyscrapers before you are cows. Yes, you read that right. Farm animals contentedly grazing on high-rise urban farms litter the London skyline.
Elsewhere, off the coast of mainland England, against the backdrop of the stunning White Cliffs of Dover, an intricate pod structure forms part of a floating city.
This is how we will live 100 years from now — if a panel of UK experts is to be believed.
I – Word Understanding
grazing – feeding (on grass)
litter – scatter
II – Have Your Say
Cities of the future: Here are the top 10 future engineering predictions:
1. Super deep basements
2. Floating sea cities
3. High-rise or rooftop farms
4. 3D printed homes
5. Buildings with their own microclimates
6. Huge bridges that span entire cities
7. Spaceports with easy access to the Moon / Mars
8. Super high buildings — cities in the sky
9. Underwater cities
10.Collapsible / stackable living pods